UEBERMITTELT RELEASE OF BUSINESS WIRE. FOR THE CONTENT IS ALONE THE REPORT Business Editors.
- With more than 1.76 million votes cast certainly has the choice of the French Ministry of Education in 2014 again set a record for the number of votes cast established through a legally binding and online public choice.
- France plays a pioneering role in the strategic implementation of safer Online voting in always legally binding dialing. Of this already benefiting 3 ministries – the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Interior – by the use of online channels is increasingly promoted in elections
BARCELONA and PARIS. – – (BUSINESS WIRE) – 10/12/2014 –
Scytl, the world’s leading provider of technology for secure on-line voting and modernization of elections, today announced the successful deployment of the new online voting solution Scytl by the French Ministry of Education (MEN) for election to the French teacher union representatives known. With more than 1.76 million using the Scytl online voting solution safely votes this election once again the largest legally binding and online public choice represents the world.
After the successful and safe conduct of the elections in 2011 benefited the Ministry in this year’s election, in which the MEN employees voted on their trade union representatives, again from his investment in the Scytl online voting technology. All votes were online (ballots were not admitted) cast on the platform during the voting period, around the clock, seven days a week and therefore at any time and at any location via PC, smartphone, tablet PC and other devices was reached. About the possibility of online remote dial out election kiosks have been set up on site, which also offered voters without their own Internet access the opportunity to have their voices securely and deliver in a confidential environment.
The choice of the French Ministry of Education is a global To see reference with regard to best practice methods and as a technology solution for other countries and governments around the world in search of opportunities for the implementation of online voting process:
- choice Size: the election MEN represented with 1.76 million votes cast, again the largest conducted on an online platform choice. This corresponds to an increase in the number of voters by 20 percent over the election in 2011
- choice complexity. handling highly complex election process with 923 concurrent sub elections of 71 independent electoral bodies with almost 4,000 candidates from all over France and voters from the French overseas territories
- Wahlskalierbarkeit.: Support of more than 1,000 election committee members who autonomously and simultaneously from geographically dispersed locations of France and the DOM / COM region use the platform (Martinique, Guadeloupe, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, French Guiana, French Polynesia and Mayotte).
- Elections security and verifiability: by complete encryption for maintaining the secrecy of voting and integrity by encrypting and digitally signing the voting on the voting machine instead of voting- server and the use of Java Script to install encryption and digital signatures without the need for client apps on voting machines.
With only three ministries that use the online voting process for legally binding elections, taking France played a pioneering role in the strategic use of the online channel for always legally binding elections. About the Ministry of Education, the online voting technology Scytl was also used by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs under 5 elections since 2009 and the Interior Ministry, which in the recent past for its first online voting in the safe technology Scytl December
implemented in 2014. About Scytl
Scytl is a worldwide leader in secure electronic voting Wahlmanagement- and solutions. Scytl specializes in technologies for the modernization of choices and offers the first complete Wahlmanagement- and coordination platform that meets the highest standards currently in force in terms of safety and transparency. Scytl has been dedicated more than 18 years researching into coasters in elections for secure encryption technology that is protected by over 40 international patents and patent applications. This Scytl is the company with the largest patent portfolio in the industry.
The solutions of Scytl be used for ten years in about 38 countries around the world, including Canada, the United States, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Norway, Switzerland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the United Arab Emirates, India, Iceland and Australia. Scytl is based in Barcelona (Spain) and maintains strategic offices in Canada, the United States, Peru and Greece, as well as offices in the UK, Ukraine, Malaysia, India and Brazil. www.scytl.com.
The source language of the original text of this announcement is the official, authoritative version. Translations are provided as an accommodation. Only the language version that was published in the original is valid. Equal to Thus Translations with the original language of publication from
Ansprechpartner for the media
Leticia Barcia: +34934230324
Senior Director Marketing Communications, Scytl