In a PCGH interview Civilization 6 end of June Firaxis was already on record that you have support for DirectX 12 in the planning. Now you have it made official and confirmed both the said support, as well as a technology partnership with AMD. An AMD press release says that we develop together an “extraordinary DirectX 12 renderer for Radeon GPUs in Civilization 6″. Special Asynchronous Compute and Explicit Multi-adapters are named as DX12 features. workloads should be better distributed over the Asynchronous Compute Engines, which improves performance. In Asynchronous Compute compute calculations are performed in parallel with the rendering tasks to the GPU, so the final frame is completed more quickly, so the FPS increase. In Explicit Multi-adapter to multiple graphics cards can be linked together even from different manufacturers. It can therefore thereotisch NVIDIA GPU with an AMD graphics card or an Intel processor graphics unit are used.
AMD may be in the press release to sideswipe not help that Async Compute an “exclusive feature” of Graphics Core Next- or Polaris architectures is and especially in the units-intensive “late game” Civilization 6 would be helpful. Radeon graphics cards are quickly become “definitive platform for DX12 content,” said Roy Taylor, AMD.
AMD and Firaxis have a longer history of technology cooperation. In Civilization 5 is integrated then DirectX 11 in conjunction with the Radeon developers in the low-level API Mantle Firaxis Co. The latest Civilization Beyond Earth, offered the alternative API Mantle, which has now been merged into the volcano, as an alternative to DirectX to
Ad-free surfing on PCGH.de and Forum -. Now inform.
- Acer G236HLBbid 58,4cm (23 inch) monitor (VGA, DVI, HDMI, 5ms response time) black € 99.00
- weekly deals at notebooksbilliger.de (including bioXar XTAZY 7.1 USB for € 7.77 incl. P u. Lioncast LM30 gaming mouse € 39.99)
- Intenso 512GB SSD (2.5 “, SATA III MLC) € 101.00
- bioXar XTAZY 7.1 headset (3.5mm u. USB, external 7.1 USB sound card) € 7.77 incl. P
- Lioncast LM30 gaming mouse with weight tuning u. 12 thumb buttons € 39.99 incl. P
- Blu-ray u. DVD deals of the week